BooBy A fertilizer calibration quiz for you.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Ric, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

Where as you are now posting question in the Pesticide forum, I have a question for you and you alone. Please no one help BooBy after all he has God Given Talent and Does not need an Education.

Where as most Fertilizer companies give recommended calibration setting for application at 3 miles per hour, the average walking speed of a man pushing a spreader.

Therefore "Theoretically" using the double overlap method of application (throwing the material to the previous wheel mark) and using granular Fertilizer which the spreader throws a total of eight feet, how many square feet of turf grass can the spreader fertilize in one hour traveling 3.0 mph at 100% efficiency? BTW the wheels are generally 3 feet apart on most spreaders. Hint: So use 3 feet when calculating this equation.

Now this is not a trick question. In fact the answer can be used by any one, to calculate cost of application. After all we do sell our time.

BooBy I am going to be out of town for Turkey day so take your time and have the answer by Friday. BTW most 5th grade math students should also be able to answer it. So when you get stumped ask your kids for help.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ha ha ha. one of your lovers tried to stump me with a similar, very basic useage quiz. i answered him, got it correct, quized him also, and he couldn't cum up with the answer. i told you before, i aint taking any more quizes. sorry, i aint playing

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

I figured as much. Now If the average man has an IQ of 100 and if we added your IQ and my IQ we would get a total of 200. Now if My IQ is 135 then what is your IQ, ********?

OK another players?

It is a very simple problem. After all I tried to make it easy enough for even BooBy to answer.

4. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

87,120 sqft , and the first five ft and the last five ft wont have double coverage.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

wrong..................

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

ha ha ha ha ha very good

7. muddstopper

Are you saying now that I am right since I changed my answer.. Of course this number assumes that you dont have to stop and refill the spreader.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

Just another case of someone giving you all the RIGHT answers and you can't see Day Light.

9. muddstopper

Ric, I must be fair, I at first posted the wrong answer. to which bobby replied

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

fair? mudd, don't say fair to ric, he doesn't play fair. yes mudd i said your original answer was wrong. the new one, is correct