Book of Forms - A bit off topic

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LawnLad, Apr 1, 2002.

1. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I know we're talking landscaping here, but many of us plow as well. I would like your feedback if at all possible on a project that SIMA (Snow & Ice Management Association) is considering. As it would focus on snow ice & management, it would most directly benefit those contractors that perform snow plowing service. However, others may find the information helpful in their landscaping business.

Here's the gig:

SIMA is considering producing a "Book of Forms" that would include sample copies of contracts, bidding forms, check sheets, production forms, customer survey's, etc. which would be available to purchase from SIMA (approx 150 to 250 pgs). Proceeds from the book would benefit future SIMA educational programs.

My question to you is this:

Would a book like this be helpful to your business?
    What should be included in it?
    What would you be willing to pay for the book?

Thanks for your feedback.

Douglas Freer
    Lawn Lad, Inc.

2. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

In other associations that I belong to this has been done sucessfully. ALCA and NLA It has been most sucessful when the forms were also on computer disc or CD. Forms are a lot easier to adapt to use if you don't have to set them up from scratch on your own system.

Doug Austreim
    Past President NLA (National Landscape Assn.)

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Most times we use AIA forums that the Park District and LA supply. We have some forms that we have produced in house, but I agree it should be on a CD in MS Word format.

It might be intersting to see what you come up with. Any idea on cost?