1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Book of weeds and pests

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

ok heres the deal I just started really getting into doing fertilizer apps this year for just a few places and really want to do more for my other accounts however I really need to learn more about diff kinds of weeds and what works best to treat them does anybod know of a website or where i could get a book or "library" of dif kinds of weeds and common turf problems any help would be awsome for this amature :drinkup:
  2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

weeds.com will show you weeds and trial and error with product BUT...
    If your not liscenced then you should not be applying any weed killers thats what we call an illegal operatoe and it is highly frowned upon here...
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

here , when you attend class they give you the oppoptunity to buy the latest version of the ag .chem guide . if you have attended class them i would contact the person giving ghte class and ask about a guide.
  4. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Here there are no classes justa yearly refresher corse which I will be taking later this fall and I am licenced just this feb i took the test and got my certificate and everything from the dep of ag and land stewardship however just dont have a whole lot of experience yet and really want to learn more to provide better quality work but thanks for the help will ask them about it this fall :weightlifter:
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

6. thecompletehome

thecompletehome LawnSite Member

Weeds of the Northeast is an excellent book on weeds that covers all the major weeds we have in our area of the country too. Also check with your extension office, I got a book from the Nebraska Department of Agriculture that has been an invaluable tool for identifying weeds and it was only like 25 bucks and has over 400 pages of pictures and plant information.