Books of the month.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, May 20, 2012.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Since my only "job" is keeping the Airstream going and being the west coast curmudgen for Lawnsite, I read a lot. Two I've just finished are of stellar quality. First was "Fire Season", by Philip Conners, about life as a fire lookout in New Mexico. The second, and most freaky, was "The Ledge", by Jim Davidson & Kevin Vaughan, about a couple of climbing buddies who fell through a crevasse on Mt. Ranier in WA State. Great reads, both bring up "life is what?" questions, far away from most of our gigs.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My reading has been slowed due to work starting back up, but I'm on the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series, which is actually "A Song of Ice and Fire". G.o.T is the first book, but the series is more often called that due to the tv series on HBO. On my nightstand I have "How a Second Grader Beat Wall Street", "Hunger Games", "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest" and "Good to Great".

3. Mike Leary

I'd hoped you'd see this thread, Dana, I thought of you during reading both books. :)

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I truly do enjoy reading. It is relaxing, entertaining, mind opening, and informative. It kills me that more people don't enjoy it.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I got fed up with great books and got some comicbook collections from the library a week or so back.

Zap! Pow! Ka-Blooie!!

6. I'm working on a book on my bucket list. Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I remember my Dad reading this in the early 60s and it sat on his reading table for months before he finished it.

7. Mike Leary

I remember the book, not exactly a "warm and fuzzy feel good" tome. :dizzy:

8. No but its the only part of WWII history I haven't read about. Learning a lot of stuff about the inside politics that led to the rise of Hitler and WWII.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer the comicbook version :)

a47cc26f748ffa.jpg

10. I remember as a kid those comic books that showed Germans whipping hot Jewish women. Used to go to the Utotem in Houston where they had all that stuff and more for my innocent young eyes.