1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Books on sales!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 1grnlwn, Jan 22, 2003.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have any recomendations on a book on sales? It's my weekness and would like to bone up during winter. Thanks Mark.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Believe it or not go to a bookstore in the mall or somewhere...and just books on "Stuff for Dummies," our "How to Start a Business." These how to do books actually provide a lot of basic information that will help you get started. The only other advice that I can give is experience. I have been in the Lawn Care area for 10 years, and in the business aspect for 5 years, and I am still learning. My college degree is even towards business and I still learn everyday. I don't think that you will ever stop learning in this field

3. Threeponys

Threeponys LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Try reading a couple of the Zig Ziglar books. I did some cold calling sales in the past. Hated hearing no thank you. Would walk out feeling big time rejection. After the Zig books.... I walked into places expecting a no answer and many times would walk out with a contract. Best thing I learnt from it all was I made an offer to help them or make life easier, if they said no then they should feel-bad not me. Then move on to someone a bit more positive.
    Hope this helps.

4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i just got done reading " selling your services " robert bly. i found a web page that outlines it with notes. i really like it and my buddy who sells mortgages thinks it's really good to.
    http://www.espeakonline.com/semsys.html

5. Brian Tracy has some good books.