1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Books on sales!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 1grnlwn, Jan 22, 2003.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have any recomendations on a book on sales? It's my weekness and would like to bone up during winter. Thanks Mark.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Believe it or not go to a bookstore in the mall or somewhere...and just books on "Stuff for Dummies," our "How to Start a Business." These how to do books actually provide a lot of basic information that will help you get started. The only other advice that I can give is experience. I have been in the Lawn Care area for 10 years, and in the business aspect for 5 years, and I am still learning. My college degree is even towards business and I still learn everyday. I don't think that you will ever stop learning in this field
  3. Threeponys

Threeponys LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Try reading a couple of the Zig Ziglar books. I did some cold calling sales in the past. Hated hearing no thank you. Would walk out feeling big time rejection. After the Zig books.... I walked into places expecting a no answer and many times would walk out with a contract. Best thing I learnt from it all was I made an offer to help them or make life easier, if they said no then they should feel-bad not me. Then move on to someone a bit more positive.
    Hope this helps.
  4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i just got done reading " selling your services " robert bly. i found a web page that outlines it with notes. i really like it and my buddy who sells mortgages thinks it's really good to.
  5. Brian Tracy has some good books.