Books To Read

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tim Wright, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

This being the "Starting Your Own Business" Forum, and having some asking whether to keep a job or go it on their own, I thought I would post this.

I recommend that everyone read a book or two along the way. Always have one book in progress. I am not talking about craft and skill, although in any field, it is essential. I am talking about business. Helping us become more business minded.

Building wealth rather than making money.

Here is what I mean and then I will recommed the books and author.

An employee works for someone else that dictates what he/she does, how much he/she makes, when it is made, and everything else. Job security is a joke that has been sold to us by the unions, benefits are going out the window, btw-you pay for those anyway.

A self - employeed person simply owns his.her own job. Something happens and poof, the money machine comes to a screeching halt.

A business owner with a system in place can have money coming in without always being on the job.

The investor has money making money.

Now here are the books. Any book written by Robert Keosoki (a guy from Hawaii, so I butchered the spelling of his last name).

The firt two books I highly recommend are: "Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and The Money Quadrant". Then any of his books there after would all be benefitial.

Turn your Self Employement into a business with self employement and then........go you vacation or build the next faze of your business.

Of course it can be as painful as starting anyway, but I think the payoff in the end is worth it.

Of course, different strokes for different folks.

Get a system in place, and go on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya'll be blessed!

Tim