Books?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by yardsurfer, Jan 18, 2004.

1. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm looking for some good books about Lawn Care business. I've looked on amazon.com for some and found some, I'm just wondering if anyone has read any good books that have been usefull.

Thanks.

2. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Best damn books I have ever gotten that pretty much covers everything for the guy that has no clue on what he is doin I got at a used books sale. It was a two book set. Practical Gardening and Gardening Design.

3. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Its good to get books on the actual hands on side of the lawncare business, but what most fail to see is that they are running a BUSINESS...most without any formal business knowledge or training. Id recomend going to the local college campus at the end of the semester and scarfing up every last marketing text that you can. Give the kid a case of Naty to give you his notes and you are set. Also highly recomend are accounting books. And as you progress in your business, Management topics cant hurt to read. :)

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea Mac2

find out when finals week is at a local college, and put up a sign CASH FOR YOUR ACCOUNTING BOOKS
    XXX-XXXX

college kids are just going to sell them back to the school for the most part, and probably get $5 for an $80 book.
    Help them out, and give them $10, and you'll both be ahead.

5. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando