Boom kit for Permagreen Mag.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jhgilliland, Apr 18, 2011.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of supply place sells this solid plastic?

I cant seem to find it anywhere...:confused:

2. jhgilliland

jhgilliland LawnSite Member

Seems like SnS should just come forward and offer to fab a few more kits. Sounds like the demand is there and Ive got my checkbook on standby!

If that doesn't happen, i suppose we need pics of someone else's kit to get some ideas.

3. LawnGuy73

I hear you, I'm looking to buy (or make) at least two, maybe three of them.

4. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

What diameter of rod will fit in the square tube on the front of the PG? I don't think the kit should be too difficult to make. Let's work together on this if SNS isn't going to make them any more. I would like one with a trim kit and may also do the spray wand since I lost my empty hand bottle.

5. LawnGuy73

I should clarify here, he didn't say that he wasn't going to make them anymore, Ross stated he was not making them this year because of a lack in demand. He did state that he might start to make them again in the future.

Just wanted to clear that up fo everyone.

As far as the rod size, I'm guessing that the square tube is a 1" tube. I haven't measured or anything yet. I'm still trying to find the solid poly rod.....

6. Laner

Have you tried McMaster Carr for the poly rod...I think they have a large selection of round stock in various grades.

7. chevyflan

chevyflan LawnSite Member
    from iowa

did you find out where a boom kit could be got for a permagreen.

8. Laner

No. It looks like I may be ordering a poly rod from McMaster Carr and the other hoses, tips and nozzle bodies I can get from my local Co-op.

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Can someone post a picture of the booms that the person made. I am wanting to put a boom on my Ultra. I want to put on a boom, larger pump and battery and have it spraying .5gal per K. I would also like to have a 12 gallon or so tank that would fit without folding down the handle bars.

10. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Why not buy a boom off LT Rich. The ones they use on a Z spray {love those booms } and up grade the pump to 3.8 gals per min and be all set.

Charles Cue