boom sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bowerj, Dec 17, 2003.

1. bowerj

bowerj LawnSite Member
    from OH

i am new to the site so i havent yet seen anything on the subject but, i am looking at the purchase of a ztr mounted sprayer such as the jrco or the prolawn shielded sprayer. any experiences with these products or other suggestions would be appreciated.

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search feature - there are volumes of information here on this subject.
    Good luck with your search and welcome to this site.

3. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

I have a ProLawn shielded sprayer mounted on a Grasshopper. It really works great. It took a bit to decide to spend the money, but it has been a good investment. I'm the only one in the area that has one, so I get some extra work. I also have a 55 gallon pull type that I seldom use anymore.

4. bowerj

bowerj LawnSite Member
    from OH

i looked at the prolawn but i have never used any type that sprays in front. it seem that all of your spray would pick up on the tires. have you ever had a problem with tracks?

5. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

No problem with tracks, the weeds are already wet before you run over them. I did get bar tires on my last power unit. The turf tires tend to spin easy in the wet grass. The ability to use the zero turn and the shields really make it work well in residential lawns. At ten feet wide, a normal lawn only takes a few minutes. What I really like is being able to take a day off from my regular job and not be shut down if the wind comes up a bit. Here in central Illinois a still spring day is rare.

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use one mounted on the Z Master. Talk about cutting down app. times! You just have to be careful on inclines.