Boomtown Rats revisited

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Green-Pro, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a look at why I don't like Mondays.

Really not all Mondays are that bad, I mean Tuesday will be worse when I buy new tires all around $$.

This happened this afternoon when I was coming home from servicing a couple of accounts in a town around twenty miles away from the shop/home. I don't have many out of the town we primarily work in. Any accounts such as these I tell the fellas one day a week to leave everything hooked up & ready for me to take. I know, I know , but hey business is business & I'm to dang tight to pay these guys to drive to this town to service only two accounts.
    Coming home on a county blacktop running right at sixty when BAM!!! the son of a gun blows. Good thing it was me when it happened I'd hate like heck for anyone else to potentially get hurt. I think the trailer helped slow me down some and steadied the truck until stopped.
    Bought this truck this past spring as an extra company vehicle, the tread was/is good on it, good enough to run out until late fall at least. That was when I planned on replacing these noisy azz mud runners for some new highway meats. I guess that just got pushed up a bit, like tomorrow.
    Figures on a Monday, still had to unload and clean equipment up when I got home.

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

When you blow a tire you sure don't half Azz it do you. LOL
    Glad you didn't wreck your truck. :clapping:

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! Nope, you'd better believe when the air came out of that one it did so in an all fired hurry. Worst partwas these county roads have no shoulder, nowhere to get off the road without tearing up a rim. On the plus side county roads are not traveled quite as heavily as others.

BTW good article about you in your local paper, philanthropy no matter what form it is in is a good thing. A lot could learn from your example, keep up the fine work.

4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

those are seriously off-brand tires (generic type). i had that happen with a "rebel radial" that i cheaped out and bought one time. my mud kings have never given up like that. i also had a firestone do that on a 90 model nissan i had (new in 90), only had about 12k on the vehicle/tires. michelin ltx pull well for a "street" tire and last forever but are pricey. sport king at's are pretty good as are the old tread pattern dunlop radial rovers.

glad nobody was hurt.