Booster pumps Q n A

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by WalkGood, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You probably lose enough pressure upstream of a 5/8 meter to make it unlikely to max it out in a sprinkler system, unless the static pressure is 100 psi or so.

2. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Uhmm.

If I have a 2" supply that is dropped to a 1" lateral with 4 Hunter PGP with #3 nozzles for example. At 25 PSI. And I add a booster at the joint where the 2" drops to 1". What do you Mensa boys think is going to happen to the GPM going through the 1" lateral? Stay the same? The nozzles are going to allow more gpm. Check the charts. Hence more GPM with a pump!!!

You are so arrogant that you cannot admit when your statements are full of crap.

John

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

jcom ..... you are just as guilty here of making incorrect blanket statements as the others are. So before you start correcting others, you might want to start with correcting yourself.

4. jcom

OK Kiril-aka as ML's boy,

I will always fess up. Where have I made a blanket statement that I cannot back up with fact??

If I have, I will be the first to learn and admit it.

I have made blanket statements that I can back up with facts. All of them. I will not make any blanket statements such as "Never" "will never" , "cannot"..

Others cannot.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Really? You have stated here time and time again "flow" will always increase with increasing pressure .... an incorrect blanket statement. If you don't think it is, then show it mathematically how it will always be true.

I suggest you start with Bernoulli then move onto Hagen–Poiseuille and Darcy–Weisbach

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  6. I believe jcom is fighting the blanket statement not the reverse. I reread all his posts and can't see where he made a blanket statement.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jcom

If I have stated that an increase in PSI will ALWAYS equate to an increase in GPM, I would need a refresher. That would be a blanket statement that I would take issue with.

It all depends on the "resistance". Nozzles, drip, spigots. If " resistance" remains the same, an increase of PSI (Voltage for electrical) will result in higher GPM. Or watts. for the electrical folks.

Yuan

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

And you still haven't differentiated between flow rate, flow velocity, and flow volume.

Resistance doesn't stay the same. Once again .... demonstrate mathematically how your statements will always hold true .... that an increase in pressure will always lead to an increase in "flow".

9. What are you refusing to read k?

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What are you refusing to read P?