Boot freakout!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mickhippy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Went and saw Neil Young last night, got home pretty late so was pretty tired this morning. Grabbed my boots and dropped them on the deck. All of a sudden this "little" creature came out of one of them. I'm sure its just a "Huntsman" (harmless?) but still gave me a...(for want of a better word)...... shock! Have another one thats taken up residence in our lounge room for the last month , thats ok cos we know its there but this one......... Shyt myself! Could even hear the foot steps as it ran across the deck, really. I'd say a good 6" toe to toe.
    Moral.... Check boots, before putting on! Enjoy!

boot spider.jpg

2. Mickhippy

Just thought I'd throw this in. This is the lounge room "pet." They ain't the same spider.

resident.jpg

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Harmless or not that bugger scares the he77 out of me just looking at it on the screen.
    What do those things eat, small dogs?

4. Mickhippy

The ironic thing about it is that I had the house "Pest Controlled" last week. Just found another one, thats 3. Whats that movie? Oh, and what they eat..... My daughter is lookin thin! It should try my misses.

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mick, have you seen the pest controller since he went in to fight these beasts?

Small dogs...he, he, mate, these huntsman get huge, a dog wouldn't fill the hole in it's bad tooth, notice why elephants are not native down under?

Funny story Mick, I hate toads as well as spiders right, I usually dump the work boots out side...2 days ago I goes out, throws the first boot on, then naturally the second...felt strange...a bloke starts to get concerned (panic) unloads the strange boot from foot fast, nothing....grab boot and bash the crap outa it against brick wall, bloody cane toad, 2 inches long I guess fell out, sure couldn't get that outa my head that day...yuck! I hate them there toads!

Your story is better, you got pics!

Good to see you back on deck,

Tony.

6. Mickhippy

Bloody toads! Thats a reason to do curved lines with the mower! "SPLAT" Love them when there sitting on the road after rain. Have been known to stop and have a second go if the aim is off.
    I leave my boots out as well. Last week I put my boot on, well half on anyway. Green tree frog! Oh, how cute. My misses loved me chasing her around the house with it. Not!:angry:

image015.gif

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man,...two things I HATE! Spiders and snakes!

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That would be enough to make me move out of the country.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

As interesting as "Down Under" seems, things like this remind me as to why I haven't visited yet.

Too many things that can kill you.

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Tell ya how you take care of that thar little spider. Take yer boot grab it by the toe and slam that thar thang right through the screen. If in that don't work take ya a good old shotgun.

Seriously, I would do some serious looking every time I left the house. And I live in Florida where we have big ones too.:eek: