1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Boots... Let's talk.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stars & Stripes Landscaping, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I'm in need of a new pair of boots, I prefer steel toe... I currently have a pair of Timberland Pro boots, they've been fairly comfy. I'm looking for that "ahhh" feeling...like sneakers but boots. I like 6-8" tall boots. Any suggestions? I heard Redwing & Chippewa have lifetime warranties but i haven't been able to find anything...
  2. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Bate side zip are comforable and light, only, not very water proof. A lot of cops wear them.

3. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

Red Wings are hands down the best pair of boots I've ever owned. Made in the USA :usflag:
  4. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

I still wear a pair of 15 year old Redwings mowing grass on occasion. Goodyear tread shows no wear!
    I just bought a pair of Wolverine slip on boots too but more for casual use.
  5. Kenb2920

Kenb2920 LawnSite Member

I have (2) pairs of Irish setters by RedWing. I liked the first pair so much I had to get another. Extremely comfortable and waterproof. From cutting grass (walk behind) to anything else they hold up well. Ive had the first pair resoled once. Great snow boot as well. Crazy but I wear the thinsulate all year long. Hot summer days and yes i wear them. I also own danners. A pair of strikers with 6" that worked well and was tennis shoe like. Similar to the bates posted above. I also have danner Acadia 8" for 7 years now and resoled once. My Irish setters are every bit as good and i highly recommend them.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have used Keens for 2/3 season now and they are holding up. They DO feel like a nice tennis shoe right from the git go.

By the way, I did a double take on your thread title, thought it said 'boobs lets talk':)
  7. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Did someone say boobs?
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Red wings. End thread. They make timberland pros feel like kids boots from Payless.
  9. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got some redwings for my son. Many if not most are made in china now. Quality is still there. I've been wearing them for 25 years now. Most comfortable shoes i've ever worn. Love the pecos boot.
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ariat Work Hogs.