1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

boots? sneakers? barefoot?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 9, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

walkbehind users, what type of footwear do you find most friendly to your feet, legs, knees. boots, sneakers....other?
  2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Steel toe Georgia Boots!
  3. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

This post reminds me of a pic on the Gator Rator site, guy wearing flip flops.I am a big dude so I prefer high top sneakers they offer ankle support and they dont hurt my feet like boots do.here the pic I was talking about....

4. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

You better be wearing good protective clothing OSHA regs.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Boots! Invest in comfortable boots. Its much more protection than high tops or anything else. Also, boots will keep your feet dry on wet mornings were high tops will get wet. Wet feet can cause you trouble.
  6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I think my Wolverine boots are far more comfortable than sneakers. If I wear sneakers all day, my feet REALLY hurt. High-tops or not. With the Wolverines, I can go all day, and do it again the next day, no pain. Steel toe as well, though if you stick your foot under a mower, you'll probably wish you DIDN'T have steel toes on when you get to the doctor and he says they are mangled and crushed beyond repair. Where as if you had been wearing sneakers, it would most likely be a clean cut, with FAR less crushing/mangling.
  7. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Steel Toe Timberlands, Jeans, never shorts
  8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Quality tennis shoes with arch support. Quality tennis shoes with rubber galoshs when wet.
  9. R&K Ent.

R&K Ent. LawnSite Member

Wolverine Durashocks are DEFINATELY the best footwear I've ever worked in.
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is what I have. I have one pair for work and a nice pair for wearing out. Look nice and very comfortable. I wear them like most would with sneakers.