Boots?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by IRRITECH, Nov 2, 2006.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't wear them don't bother. Has anyone found a decent pair of boots? Over the years I have worn Rockys, Danners, Wolverines, Cabelas, etc (steel toe composite toe , no toe). I rarely pay less than $150. Always Goretex and I wear two pairs of Socks. NOTHING lasts over about 8-9 months? Anyone have any success. Would be more than happy to pay more if I could find something that would last. Don't anyone tell me that cheap boots can be replaced alot of times for less than $150+, If your wearing cheap boots you"ll end up crippled.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried RedWings?

3. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

try carolinas best boots i ever had.spelled like the states.had my last ones for 2 years.have you tried snow seal on the leather.

4. IRRITECH

No to the redwings or carolinas and yes to the snow seal. My second to last pair were danners and (almost) religiously applied that to the them trying to keep the area across the toes from cracking. No luck.

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a good thread and question. So here is what I do. If I know i"m going to be digging and in the water I will wear my boots. But if I know I'm not going to be doing that then I will bring my shoes with me. I like doing that since shoes are cooler to wear then the boots are.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I had a pair of carolina's that lasted about a year for me. Red Wings are really spendy but you'll get a few years out of them.

When I go boot shopping the thing I check is how solid the sole is. I'll wear through a sole long before I ruin the rest of the boot.

7. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

Georgia Boots Called Muddhawgs

8. IRRITECH

Yeah I finally figured out the sole deal a few years ago but the problem seems to be the leather cracking and blowing the goretex or the side seems blow. As soon as my feet get wet the boots are history I don't care how much sole is left. Maybe I just need to get out of the trenches and let someone else do it..........Nope, its too much fun.

9. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

I was right there with you till the "fun in trenches" sentence. :)

10. IRRITECH

Ah Come on Hank, pulling up on the jobsite w/ a half installed system in 45 degree weather and after a rain ( man, that sounds like what we did this morning) you've either got to laugh or cry.