Boots??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianj, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

what kinda shoes do you guys wear cutting grass?? i have 2 pair of redwings, but theycost me about 240 a pair.. they are good and comfortable but generally i have to get a new pair once a year

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

3. Horizon Landscape Mg

Horizon Landscape Mg LawnSite Member

The only boots I will buy are either Red Wings or Wolverine Durashocks. The ONLY place to buy them is Ebay. I buy them new in the box for up to 1/4 of the new price. I once bought a new pair for 12.00 with shipping. I have paid as much as 60.00 for a pair, but usually somewhere in between.

4. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I have tried redwing, herman survivors, cabelas, and many others. I have found for comfort, safety and durability I like the Rocky hickers with steel toe. I wear them every day except Sunday and usually get a year out of the for about $120 bucks. I am a pretty big guy and very hard on boots.

5. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

I don't have them but, you might want to look into the Oakley special forces boot. They last forever, and are $225.

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just for the heck of it I checked eBay the other day and there were tons of Redwings on there at way less than MSRP, but I don't know anything about the particular models to know which ones I'd want. Just checked for Wolverines and there's over 300 on there.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I on days when I know I will be in some thick areas or areas where it would be best to wear boots I wear some Wolverine Durashocks with a steel toe and a 6" shank, lace up of course. For light days where alot of walking is necessary I wear a pair of Adidas running shoes.

8. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I go about 295 and am very hard on shoes. Redwings are very comfortable. But I cannot get more than a year out of the last two pair. The new sole is two part urethane and the layers separate at the toe. They replaced the first set so I actually got 2 years for my $200. But I imagine the next pair this would not happen. So I don't know what I will do for this year. I siliconed the sole together, they might last a month this spring.

Mark

9. I wear a $20.00 pair of tennis shoes, when I have to I wear steel toes $25.00 from Kmart cheap but comfortable.

10. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Carolina boots for me.