BOP Mowers and Serivce ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Feb 10, 2012.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know what is going on with BOP??? I see what it says on the web page. What is going on? Very very dispapointed with them. ALl the mowers have no prices anymore. I have called and called and no return of my calls. I wish someone could tell me!!! Did they go under... did gary quit? I wanted to purchase another mower but am now looking elsewhere.
  2. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have read they have been bought out by a bigger company but with the way the website it laid out and the fact nobody can get ahold of them I wouldnt be shocked if they were out of business and just laying low.

Quit wasting your time and look elsewhere.
  3. SLT

SLT LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Same here, I left a message and haven't heard anything yet.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I thought something might be going on last year when they dropped their Lawnsite sponsorship. They had been sponsoring here since the very beginning of the company and then they suddenly dropped it. Then late last year Gary came in talking about a whole new line of improved mowers with new, deeper decks and I thought they might be doing okay. Now there's nothing but silence. Like I wrote in another thread, the only thing worse than them not answering the phone is a female voice that says: We're sorry, but this number is no longer in service.
  5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

They didn't sell out to anyone. They are retooling and getting new product in line.
    Posted via Mobile Device oops. I just saw they are being bought.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They don't actually make the parts for their mowers. All of that is done by other companies. They do assembly. At least that's what Gary said.
  7. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

It sure would be nice to hear something quick. If they are just selling to someone else we should have gotten a date that parts mowers would be available. Now there is speculation that they maybe went totally belly up and aren't being up front with it. If thats the case then we have a real problem because spring is snapping at our heals and hundrends of LCOs are needing parts and or a new mower and they are holding out for BOPs long awaited announcement. If that never comes many LCOs will be left at the last minute scrambling for a new game plan.
  8. lawncare18

What is more odd to me is gary is hiding from us... usually hes on this right away .. is it really posible they have gone out of business???? Anyone from nc know if they are around the area anymore? I am going to be in a pinch if this does not get resolved soon. VERY VERY DISAPOINTED WITH BOP AND GARY!!!!
  9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Anyone can say "I think they went under", but to do so would be without proof and a assumption.

Quick was at the GEI Expo (which cost some money to be there). If they were going under would you spend your time and money there, especailly when your website is saying "sold out" on over half of your inventory?

In the fall they have said they are making some deck changes adding some larger mowers.

They posted what they are doing on their website approximately a month ago (Jan 15th about).

Gary had posted something about Mid Febuary for a target of getting the new mowers out.

I have and a couple others have emailed and recieved responses. It appears that some things are taking longer than expected.

I would guess Gary is a partner or employee which was told to keep his mouth shut until a certain date. But also agree that the silence is not good.

I don't own a quick and typically anti quick due to lack of local dealerships. I'm interested in seeing if this goes into a existing dealer network which would resolve my main objection.

There is plenty of threads on this with more info than a guess that they went under.
  10. lawncare18

Thanks for your advice and input... Bottom line is people want to and should know what is going on.. I own a better mower and would love another one asap, but am concernd about what is going on now!!! They have always had great service. Just because a change they should still answer phones or return calls.
    Fyi gary is the owner of bop!!!