BOP Mowers and Serivce ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Feb 10, 2012.

1. timscherer

timscherer LawnSite Member

I need to order a caster (no flat) and a center spindle for my Quick 44, who do I call to place the order? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Gary not answering the phone but is processing web orders. If what you need is online just order it. If not send email.via web link with brief subject heading I need blah blah part. Gary has been great about replying and fulfilling orders. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know anything NEW ON BOP... still nothing has changed. Season is well under way. not good .
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ya huge lag in the business......
  5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Needless to say, I'm disappointed that they won't even say what is happening and at very least give an update on if or when equipment will be available. I don't understand how Gary would allow sales to plummet with "out of stock" on all the equipment this late into the season.
  6. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I am just glad I sold my 32 dually at a small lost. I am happy with my gravely compact 34 and like the fact I can go to dealer and get things resloved. Yeah is nice that you can still order parts from Gary on-line but they are not coming out with new things to improve your mowers. If a bigger company buys them out they should bring in these used mowers and upgrade them to keep customers.
  7. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just ordered a cable for my Quick 36 from the website. It arrived in two days. I have always been happy with BOP and although I feel for those whose businesses rely on BOP mowers having to deal with this uncertainty, I believe that my quick turnaround with this part indicates that there is a desire still at BOP to serve the customer well.
  8. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

With them not speaking, I have a feeling once the service parts are gone, that will be the end.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

I hope they will at least put a list on their website of the OEM parts for their mowers so, for example, if and when they do completely fold, I will know where to go to get a replacement throttle cable, etc.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the parts are available in retail but most of them are proprietary to these mowers. They were custom made just for Quicks and are not available. Engines, clutches, bearings and stuff like that can be bought retail. Frame parts, rods, levers, perhaps spindles and pullies were all custom made. I remember one time Gary went on and on about how much time and work it took just to make the pullies just for Quick.