BOP Parts Interchangeability

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sehitchman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

success, we're good. took a little persuasion, really didn't hit hard few taps slid right down. not sure what's up with this but clutch replacement seams to have made the machine faster, idk.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to hear she's up and running...even faster!

3. RocketLab

RocketLab LawnSite Member

The spindle bearing for NAPA P62052RSJ comes up as a sealed on both sides bearing. Is this what you are using? If so what kind of life are you getting being you can't grease it? Wondering if it stays cleaner and lasts longer.

By the way NAPA guy told me part number for single sided sealed bearing is P6205RSJ, just drop the 2 out of the number. Of course it costs twice as much being sealed on only one side.

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get the one with 2 seals and just pop one out with a small screwdriver - that's what I did.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I just leave both seals in, they seem to last a little longer, for me at least.

I don't know why those spidles go through so many bearings, Im thinking its becasuse there so short and cant disappete any heat and cant take any kind of blow.

Seems almost everytime I sharpen blades I change at least 1 bearing. I quit changing top and bottom unless the top is bad also.

6. Nate'sLawnCare

What I meant to say was pop out one seal if you're planning to pump grease in through the top fitting. Otherwise, just leave both in. I've been greasing mine, so we'll see how that holds up. I had to change all 3 sets of bearings on my 36 last fall at about 185 hours. It gets expensive since the bearings I bought are about $20 each.

7. larryinalabama

The NAPA bearings are around 7$. Leave the seals in and when the bottom bearing fails it wont get a bunch of metal in the top bearing, I still give mine a squart of grease, although I cant find my grease gun nowhere. Ill have to get to that this week.

8. Nate'sLawnCare

Wow, $7 sounds good. I got mine at NAPA, but they were SKF, so quite a bit more pricey :dizzy:

9. larryinalabama

You must have got the US or Japan bearings, use the part# I posted, there China, but last just as long.

10. Grasskeepers

Grasskeepers LawnSite Member
    from Alberta

Changed the fork bearing today

image.jpg