BOP Quickie 32 front blowout fixed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboynormmie, Oct 16, 2011.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Decided to build an extension flap for the leading edge of the deck to help out with the blowout on my machine.Wanted it adjustable from stock height down to 1/2 " off the ground.Contoured the steel to fit around the deck drilled holes and used the plasma cutter to elongate slots.Used 3/8" carriage bolts to secure (smooth heads)as not to impede on grass discharge.Set the unit up in a middle position and tested and it works A W E S O M E.I did have to come back an notch the corner off by the discharge opening as it did drag on the ground an a hilly area though.Virtually no blowout on the middle position.The sparse leaves that were on the ground were not blown away as I rolled up on them like it normally would have sans the flap.After rolling over them they were vaporized.Will do some further testing and report back.

2011-10-16_17-04-07_490.jpg

2011-10-16_17-02-02_5.jpg

2011-10-16_17-00-58_601.jpg

2. fatboynormmie

Here are some more pics of the finished product.

2011-10-16_17-18-43_671.jpg

2011-10-16_17-50-48_588.jpg

2011-10-16_19-23-40_664.jpg

2011-10-16_19-24-40_265.jpg

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet ....I see a long list of aftermarket accessories that one can do for BOP mowers. $

A few years back someone rigged up one from mud flap material.

Mulch kickers would be great....look out toro Turbo force :laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. fatboynormmie

Was originally going to run a rubber flap, had it cut out and everything but there wasn't enough room for the rubber and a metal backing strip to mount on the front side of the deck.There would have been contact with the front tires.So I switched and found a piece of 3/16" steel plate and used that instead.

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like you also modified the brace/deal from caster to caster.......added weight?

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

What is the color # and brand on that paint? Looks like a very close match. I need to do some touch up?

7. fatboynormmie

Flatlander that is my weight kit .I did modify it yesterday as well added a handle and painted it to match. ER the paint is from BOP.I was using 10 pound barbell weights but they stuck out to far so I made this new flatbar setup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

9. fatboynormmie

Thanks Richard appreciate the post!!!!

To clarify with everyone I did not invent the adjustable front baffle(apparently Richard did 10 yrs ago).What I did invent was an adjustable metal baffle that fits my machine which happens to be a Quickie 32 from BOP.I have NEVER seen one posted on this forum as well as any other forum .I posted the pics so that someone else could copy it if they like. I like helping out other BOP owners to make their machines more productive. I get alot of good info from this forum that makes me more productive and for that I pass on my knowledge as a thank you to everyone that has helped me through the years.

Richard if I owe you any $ for patent infringement let me know and I'll lawyer up.If not then please keep any snarky remarks to yourself as the previous post you submitted was pointless.

There's a good saying that I want anyone reading this to take heed.You were born with 2 ears and 1 mouth so you should do twice the listening and half the speaking.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011