Bop selling out

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jolleylawns, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

There are no other WB's in the 32, 36 and 44 deck sizes that weigh at 400 pounds or less. They are very low impact as far as rutting and very compact in size. The dually controls are great IMO.

If there another WB mower out there that is the 32-36 deck width range with dual hydro controls [not pistol grips] that weighs 450 or less and delivers a finished cut please let me.know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree they are so much more nimble than most 7' long WB's that weigh 500+ lbs.

3. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

They won't answer the phone. I need a couple things for my mower but it looks like I may have to buy an entirely differant mower just to be ready for spring? It sure would be nice if we could get some insight on who acquired them and when we can start buying parts/mowers/etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Actually, Gravely has a pretty nice, small frame, 34" walkbehind that is similar to the BOP line of mowers. Not saying it compares exactly, but it might be a good alternative to some of the BOP models.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I have to disagree ... the Gravely 34" WB is really a homeowner machine !!

6. lifetree

Just for the benefit of the LS community ... while I don't know the name of the acquiring company, my understanding is that it is a North Carolina based company !!

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i'm hoping it will be a good change for the quick36. i got rid of my quick36 single hydro years ago. (kinda glad i did now..) i was hoping to get a quick 36 dually when i start back up in the future. the quick36 was so easy to get in and out of the bed of my truck with steel ramps, it was a great mower for getting started. i bet the dual is a nice machine. i looked over the 34" gravely on line, it hasn't gotten the best reviews though.

8. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

it definetly looks like it..

9. lifetree

The Dually is a very nice machine !!

10. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How about the ferris 32 and 36. I know they are single hydro but they are very smooth. I have only seen one cut and it did a really nice job. The one I drove was at Expo. Not sure about the weight of the two.