1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bop selling out

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jolleylawns, Jan 20, 2012.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting suggestion, however, I'm not sure ... time will tell !!
  2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

"The beast" mower is a GXI product. Had deals with home depot, pretty sure the stanely brand mower is the same also. A feature of the beast mower is the deck hangs from some cable instead of chain. Most know it as cheap junk but price point has made them show a smal dealer market in a short time.

Basically USA engineers designs, parts made in china (partial assembled), USA assembles the rest. Dealer claims made in USA.

If gary could sell these mowers so low already, guess how low it could be in china.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. djagusch

from MN

The quick answer is bad if you don't like china stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Another NC company that is in the outdoor power business, Sunbelt Marketing / Distribution. They have a distribution center in Charlotte and handle a ton of repair / replacement parts for outdoor power. Didn't they buy all of the John Deere Landscape supply locations? Think JD is the parent company. Fun to speculate, we should know shortly.
  5. djagusch

from MN

Only one I can think of from nc.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Hope things shake out for the best. My Quick single has been a moneymaker for minimal investment and repair costs for the past 4 seasons. Would like more of the same.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

BOP really needs to let the customer base know what is going on, otherwise, they risk losing business and potential damage to the brand image !!
  8. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

have two of these machines, wanna get in on this thread.
  9. jolleylawns

jolleylawns LawnSite Member

i don't think it would be wise to let their customer base know any details before they are finalized.
  10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im worried that it will be difficult to get parts. BOP has no part #s for anything, fortuniately the people on the phone are knowledgeable, but without part numbers a call to India may reault in wroong parts.