Bop selling out

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jolleylawns, Jan 20, 2012.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I think the outfit from Wisconsin is his current partner from the beginning ... not the one that is buying them out !! However, I'm not sure.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Lifetree, you are very knowledgeable about BOP. Do you know something you are not telling us?

3. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Im guessing this is accurate too. JJH Investments equates to: Jeffery Hargarten: (per State of Wisconsin public records)

https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearc...bf-efbce57b1d13&type=Simple&q=jjh+investments

A little more research reveals Jeffery Hargarten appears to be: Jeff Hargarten, President NORTH AMERICAN CLUTCH CORPORATION AKA "NORAM".

The other "member" listed on the NC Sec. website is Michael Appolonia - Appolonia is listed as the VP of BOP. Further the president or owner of ACOS Energy- what appears to be a solar energy business. Further the owner / president of SCAD technology- a manufacturer of marine lighting/ electronic components. He appears to have a huge aptitude for things business and mechanical.

That said- neither party appear to be any sort of indicator as to who is buying out BOP.

Im digging folks.......lifetree- what other scoop do you have???

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

You would make a great detective!

5. integrityman

Thanks----

6. integrityman

Im wondering if BOP will be doing any press releases soon, or if any of the local media outlets have contacted Gary Partridge:

"Mr Partridge, your company is being bought out, what impact will that impact on the current operations here in Advance?" Or: "Mr. Partridge, will this merger result in additional employees being hired? Will you continue producing lawn equipment under the name BOP?" ETC ETC ETC.

I can think of a dozen questions I would have if I were a local reporter looking to report a manufacturer hiring or significantly revamping operations. Thats news in todays world.

That said- Anyone heard if BOP is getting some tax incentives from the state or locals in NC?

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

BOP neds to get off is rear end if it plans to sell mowers this spring. Does anyone know how many BOP mowers have been sold? It might make a big dirrerence in parts availibility.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree I hope things are together soon for BOP for the big spring push. You cannot bypass that high volume timeframe if you want to survive selling mowers.....

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Has anyone proceeded with an online purchase of parts from BOP? followed by a confirmation email your parts have shipped etcetera ...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Here is the sad part of this deal. I think Gary cared about his customers, had the "family photos" etc to make customers feel connected. No matter what he did have a say in the transition between companies and taking care of his customers went to the wayside leaving them in the dark.
    Posted via Mobile Device