Bored and antsy

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Mar 2, 2009.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I am so bored and antsy to start working again. I have a list of things to do before we work again, but I can't motivate myself to get them done. Nothing is pushing me right now. I'm not normally this bad. Usually I'm pretty self motivating. Not sure if I'm just too comfy and content, or bored with the business. I've actually been happy hanging out at the house, cooking, and doing some home improvement projects. But then I feel guilty when it's warm and sunny out, and I'm staying inside.

Might need Peter to push me more towards the water conservation aspect. Maybe we can meet up again when you're here full time. Or hire you as a consultant. :)

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Bake some bread :)

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I do better under pressure, when there are 45 phone calls I try to return them all, When there are 4 I dont even want to retreive them.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday I made a big pot of sauce and then lasagna with it. Left overs for a few days!! Took 6 hours of cooking and simmering the sauce. Fresh garlic bread. Mmmmm.....

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I am the same way. I like to work when there is work to be done. And play when there is no or little work.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Joey , um I mean boots thinks sauce is supposed to come from a jar. And to think I respect his opinion on irrigation matters.

7. Wet_Boots

Homeade sauce is great, but I still get the coupon freebies. Cans and jars do keep, you know.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think we EVER ate jarred sauce as a kid. Not until I moved out at 19. Just out of convenience and cost. We still get the jarred as well, but a pot of homemade is oh-so-good. Doesn't compare. A quick pic from yesterday

sauce.jpg

9. Wet_Boots

I agree with the homemade - somewhere in a card file is the homemade sauce my mom made by the gallons, to be frozen at double-strength. For now, I'll content myself with some homemade meatballs.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a patient person. But I am when cooking. It also relaxes and calms me down. Nothing like cooking and drinking for a few hours. Sauce (some of us call it gravy), chili (red or green), risotto. Something that takes a little time and patience. Gotta try it along the way. Several times in fact, and wash it down with beer and wine.

Maybe this is why I've put on 15-20 pounds this winter :) I need to start working again!!