Bored with the off season already

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Dec 1, 2007.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It's only December 1st and I'm already bored. The guys that I do some interior trim work with don't have anything until at least January, maybe February. Monday my tech is doing a handful of blow outs, we may golf Tuesday as the weather will be nice, but I don't have anything else planned. Lots of off season decisions and ideas to contemplate, but I want a couple weeks of downtime first.

Maybe I'll go do some winter camping with one of my dogs.

Any other cold weather guys bored already? Rotar - you workin' or playin'?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I still got work to do and it won't hit 40 degrees all week. Bah, humbug.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

It is bitter cold here today, 54 on the way home and humid and wet, still raining on and off. Tomorrow back to the 70's

4. Dana, Why don't you investigate the heck out of this site on paperless invoicing and auto bookkeeping. I'm going to as well but I won't get to it for a while. Maybe we should start a fresh thread on this subject. I know we can make invoicing, scheduling, and bookkeeping a lot easier than it is now.
    http://www.coastalcomputercorporation.com/

5. whimper whimper:rolleyes:

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Its tough, im dealing though.

7. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

You can always go sell cars with Tony in the off season Dana-LoL :laugh:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, I'd feel like a failure because he would kick my butt selling. Honestly.

My wife-in-training has gotten into making handmade soap. So I help her a little with that. Kind of fun. And makes the house smell real nice. :)

There are things I'm hoping to do - visit family in Mass., Oregon, Montana. Go snowboarding soon. Golf Tuesday or maybe fly fishing. Winter camping. Just haven't gotten around to setting any of it up yet.

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

bitter cold 54 are you kidding. its like 14 deg now. Today the leaves were frozen to the ground, my snot frozen and my lip stuck to the zipper, just now my ears stopped hurting from the cold wind.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

frozen snot, oh course its not cold here yet. but it will be, and of course I believe we'll be installing a waterfeature... beat that.