1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

boring missiles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Aug 14, 2008.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

looking to buy a 2" +/- missile. does anyone have any input on what brand is the best or maybe have one for sale?
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I have 3 different sizes , 2inch , a 2.5 inch and a 3.5 inch . The smaller one is kight , uses a smaller hose , but is too small for a 1.5 pvc sleeve. It is also less accurate over longer distances due to its weight , power and lenght. I recommend the 2.5 as a more versitle , the downfall is the weight , its heavy and you have to dig a longer ditch. But its more accurate , goes thru harder ground better and a 1.5 pvc sleeve with bell ends will go thru . My big 3.5 rarely gets used . As far as brands I have no preferance , I bought mine used all 3 are different and all work fine
  3. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Check this weblink out.

Your Vermeer dealer carries this line of tools exclusively. They do not require alot of maintenance and are extremely easy to service when the need arises.
    Check out this link. It has a video of one in operation.
  4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

EBAY!I see them on there all the time.
  5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

You can pick up some extra keys while you're on there, too.:laugh:
  6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

i just dont feel comfortable buying a $2000.00 +/- tool untested from a stranger.
  7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I agree about buying anything on those sites, can't go wrong on a key, though.
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

If ya dont mind paying $4.99 plus shipping for something your supply house will give to you for nothing.
  9. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

I have one I would sell. Think it is 2 or 3". Rarely use it but I have no idea what it is worth. If you are interested pm me and I will find out details.
  10. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the "eBay as a valuable source" thread.