Bosch hammer/drill

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Twitchy, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody own or have used this Bosch 11263EVS 1-3/4-Inch SDS-max Rotary Hammer before. If so, can i get some reviews. I have an old sm bosch hammer drill that's had better days, so its time to upgrade.Thanks for the help.

bosch hammer.jpg

2. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used that particular model, but I have no complaints with the Bosch rotary hammer that I have.

3. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

im not sure on my exact number but mine is about 2-3 years old and it works great. not real good at busting up concrete,,, small stuff no problems,

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I have one just like that, we used it a few times, but not one of those got to have tools. We used it to chip off a small layer of cement that someone butchered a concrete stoop with. Works good though if thats what you want to know.

5. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

I basically need this tool for light demo and stone drilling. Drilling holes in blue stone caps and concrete for electrical wiring. Bosch's tech sheet says that will drill a 4'' core hole. That would be nice for core cuts in pavers for pool ladder inserts.

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

It's a very good drill for light duty drilling and chipping.

7. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

We used a Bosch just like that from the rental place this winter to drill a 1 1/2" hole through a 3' thick concrete wall. It was an older model but the thing was a beast. It took the abuse a lot better than I did.

8. StoneFaced

StoneFaced LawnSite Member

I don't have the exact model, but mine is one of my favorite tools. I really don't think you would have any problems w/ the right cutter. Mine would almost take your arm off before you would be able to seize it. Almost every power tool I have is either Bosh or Porter Cable. If Bosh says it can do it, it probably can. If your not sure find a dealer or tool show and do a demo.

9. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

i like mine better then my hilti

10. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

Light demo and stone drilling you should be fine. We've used ours for similar tasks with no problems.