Bosetti Lawn Care Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by deere615, Aug 14, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

trimmer, I do have that new echo edger I got in june but its a split boom, it stays on the trailer with the edger attachment until I need it for something else
    yep just a string trimmer
    yeah we had hardly no rain all july and up until last week. Lawns are still dead though, we haven't had a ton of rain yet either just lower temps this week

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Man we had a little dry spell there for a while but it's been pretty wet the last week or so. I was starting to worry but it's not so bad now. Not so sure we're out of the woods with the dry stuff yet though.

3. deere615

Had to do brakes and rotors all the way around on the blue truck they were bad I normally never let them get like that. they never squealed or nothing though
    I cleaned up everything real nice even painted all the calipers etc.

DSC01546.JPG

DSC01549.JPG

DSC01551.JPG

DSC01552.JPG

DSC01553.JPG

4. deere615

So we are in a major drought/dry season. We havent had any significant rain in the last 2 months and everything is dead:cry: Heres a couple pictures to show how bad it really is:
    lawns
    DSC01605.JPG
    DSC01612.JPG
    DSC01614.JPG

A plant look closely a couple leaves are actually burnt:confused:

DSC01603.JPG

And the worst, I have heard of this happening before but never thought it could, this is my only lawn it happened on and just the front. Luckily this house is vacant and not on a major street customer totally understands too which is really good I have been skipping it this was like 3 weeks ago its gotten better though
    0809101339.jpg

DSC01605.JPG

DSC01612.JPG

DSC01614.JPG

DSC01603.JPG

0809101339.jpg

5. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What a horrible summer for grass! I guess the positive will be all the lawns we'll be replanting this fall. Hopefully it will rain for that.

Here's one I haven't cut in 4 weeks. Took this today. Trimmed the edges that had nutgrass/crabgrass.
    DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

6. deere615

good to hear from ya GM, glad you have a picture to show I'm not the only one! yeah some lawns I just do that trimming too thats all they need

7. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Nobody has sprinklers? All of my weekley customers have underground sprinklers. I have 2 bi-weekley lawns that don't.

That would be a major hit to the pocketbook. Hope ya get rain soon so you could at least finish the season mowing a little bit.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Man that sucks guys. Its not been too bad here (knock on wood). It got pretty dry there for a while but it rained a ton and everything perked back up. We've been fortunate, some of them got hit pretty hard though when it was 100+ every day. But everything is good now, thankfully it didn't last long at all here.

9. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I can speak for g.m. and myself on this one but not many if any in my area (irwin/n.huntingdon) have true dedicated sprinkler systems. Some may drag the hose out once in a while but thats about it :hammerhead:

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, it's pretty bad a little north of you guys also, but none of mine are "burned." They're brown and slow-growing, but not as bad as the pic GM showed.

I guess this is repayment for last August...I got 5 cuts on a few of my lawns last August.