1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bosetti Lawn Care Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by deere615, Aug 14, 2008.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

THat is many of the reasons i LOVE what i do, but it has changed quite some as if you have followed me on here any you know we are growing crazy. we have three full time full maintenance crews, and by the end of 2011 i can assure we are going to have to have another crew.

i am getting some competition here from a guy very much like you and he is great at marketing etc, but i can assure you in quaility he holds nothing on me, and i might add nothing on YOU as well just from the pics along on here.

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yep dont get me wrong sometimes i have those tough days and soemtimes there are jobs I dont like, but hopefull someday I will have employees to do those lol
    yes you do give that up but like I mentioned I do look back alot so that will have to change I guess
    yeah electric i didnt want to have to worry about gas and a motor
    wow thats alot of mowing I would love just to have an employee or 2 out doing my lawns but I just dont have near enough to do that

3. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

huh i saw you said you dont like certin jobs, Im the same, for instance weed, i have weeding so i hire friends that need the mony to do it, by the way like your setup alot. nice trucks and trailer set up. chow

4. deere615

couple leaf pictures and all the maintenance i gotta get done on the trucks, only got maybe half of it done first time doing diff oil stuff stinks lol
    DSC01921.JPG
    DSC01932.JPG
    VID00410.jpg
    DSC01960.JPG
    DSC01972.JPG

DSC01921.JPG

DSC01932.JPG

DSC01960.JPG

DSC01972.JPG

VID00410.jpg

5. deere615

yes I dont like weeding either, hate trimming hedges, and sometimes mowing can get old but thats usually right at the end of the season so its no big deal:)

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Brad it looks good,happy thanksgiving.

7. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you running 2 rigs this year? Also im just starting out but how was your first trailer when you started? if givin an oppertunity would you have gotten the second trailer instead of starting with the small one? thanks HUnter

8. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

cleanup looks nice.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

You have come quite a long way over the 2 years that this thread has been going. You seem to be doing quite well and should have quite a company built up shortly (not that you already don't). I glanced through some of the thread and you have done quite well for yourself and really gained a lot of new "toys".

You seem to have a lot of ambition and I can really see you going far in this industry.

Over the next 5 years I have plans to start growing my company even more...but for right now, I am pretty content with what I have. Plus I don't have enough time right now to dedicate to running the business full time.

10. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

Sounds like me with the whole putting business first, I also am criticized especially by my family and former friends, notice how I said former, because if they're like your friends and complain you work too much yet they hate their jobs & wish they made the money I make, they are not going to be my friends. No point in having people around you that dont support you. I basically said (in a nice way) to the family members that say I work too much to kiss my ass. I dont have a wife or kids or even a gf nor do I find a need at this point in my life (I'm 19) leaving all my time for going to college full time and running my business, racing motocross and hanging out with my friends (most are other landscape contractors) when I get the time on weekends.

I'm with you 110% on enjoying what you do. I tell people I worked a 14 hr day in 90 degree weather and they say "oh man that's gotta suck!" my response is "actually I enjoyed just about every minute of it, beats the hell outta working as a secretary or something inside and boring and the money I made makes it even more worth it."

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010