1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bosetti Lawn Care Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by deere615, Aug 14, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yes I believe they are still are thats where I got the first set 4 years ago or whenever i got them but now I pretty much buy everything at my echo dealer

heres the old set replacing the blades

2. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

A buddy I work with here and there has a set of the Stihl HS-45s and I;ve used them before, and to be honest they suck. And I'm not just saying that Because I have a sour taste in my mouth about Stihl stuff. I'd honestly prefer my Kawasaki ones, and I'm not overly crazy about those either. I like RedMax stuff, never tried their hedge trimmers, and I like the Echo HC-150s too, cant really go wrong with those for a good entry level hedge trimmer.
  3. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

The hs-45s do suck, they're on the heavy side which isn't too bad but the gas tank is just so small I was trimming along side of an echo 150 and I went through 2 tanks to his 1 in the same amount of time both running WOT mostly
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to jack your thread Brad.

I'm a little sketched out by echo stuff because them seem a little chincy and they use the same motor for all of their hedgers. I might go with the echo or redmax for now just to start up and if the amount of hedges i do picks up i'll go with a big husky maybe.

If you can actually find parts for the hc-150 i don't feel so apprehensive about buying them then.
  5. deere615

Whats so hard about finding parts? I have never had that problem. Echo stuff does seem a little cheaper I havent really had many problems besides the newer equipment having carb problems-This year total I think I had to have 4 carbs adjusted (2 bp blowers, one hand blower, one trimmer)and had one replaced(trimmer). The hedge trimmers I had no problems with but they don't see as much use as a trimmer or blower either.
  6. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

I meant sometimes on the lower end models they're more or less meant to just be thrown away but since it's a company like echo it shouldn't be a big deal.
  7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I like my redmax hedge trimmer its a 24'' i thought a about a extended reach echo but dont think i need one most bushes, and trees i trim i can do with my 6' ladder and most bushes/shrubs without one anyway echos and redmax i think are great for hedge trimmers also kawasaki seems very reasonable i think with there prices i dealer that i go to is great.
  8. deere615

yeah maybe cheap trimmers but I have never had a problem with parts for echos heck half the parts you can buy at home depot
    I have a set of long reach I only use them a few times a year usually I use a ladder thats only for the tall stuff though
  9. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

you getting ready to go out?
  10. deere615

yeah I am gonna go check 2 or 3 lots 1 drive and some walks not sure if any will need done we will see