1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bosetti Lawn Care Pics!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by deere615, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Turf Z

Turf Z LawnSite Member

Use a backblade to smooth the drive or just float your bucket to fill in the holes?
  2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Scott
    It wa gone then we got a little storm after that job right now we have nothing but supposed to be getting more this week
    No I don't have a back blade for the machine just used the bucket float mode and then the weight of the machine to pack it down real nice
  3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

seems like you do a fair amount of stone work. I dont see why stone driveways are so popular there. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen with the hills and snow and ice.
  4. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

I literally REFUSE! to plow gravel driveways. It's a nightmare people around here opt for them time to time and it's just chaos. IMO its people cheeping out over and over instead of just paying to have something done right once. Not that I'm routing for Bosseti to lose any work.
  5. deere615

Ya every so often people want them around here-cheaper option than concrete or asphault. Pavers are not real big here and there is alot of conrete but most concrete guys are expensive.
    Ya I dont plow them either. I do one flat gravel driveway and 2 very small lots and hate them. But its what the customer wants!
  6. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

The first year I had a plow one of my first clients was gravel and omg did I get chewed out first I got called that I didnt plow the snow low enough and then i came back and I pushed too much gravel. Thats when I decided I was just done plowing gravel. People are to difficult to please and I have way to many houses to plow in a night to sit there coming up with some algorithm to fit their gravel drives lol ... Id consider a lot if I have a loader with a snow blower attachment or if a contract stating gravel WILL BE PUSHED was signed lol
  7. deere615

Was excited to walk into JD landscapes yesterday and see a stack of these. I haven't been able to find any anywhere here for the last 3 years So i grabbed 2 and will probably get more soon.

8. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Those things are treasured! Lol
  9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You ain't kidding! There is a company online trying to get almost $200 per barrel. :eek:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

home depot...50 bucks. now treasure here.