both employes out injured in one day.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vaacutabove, Jan 16, 2013.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I gave my guys the week off I had to take my daughter to maryland for a treatment. Well I get a call one will be out for up to six mo. he broke his tim fib and has an external fixator (sp?) the other broke his arm. They were out riding dirt bikes and now I'm not sure what to do with this season.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

time to post a craigslist add looking for help. THEY WOULD GET ONE HELL OF AN A$$ CHEWING FROM ME.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Why? Not like they are pro sports and signed a contract saying not hazardous fun allowed

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'm wondering the same thing. To the OP, I hope your daughter is ok.

5. vaacutabove

They have both been riding for as long as I have know them. Sucks but o well will have to find at least one temp.

Some ppl on her know about my daughter she is 17 mo and has a brittle bone problem she has had 8 breaks since she was born. We were going to start treatments to build bone density. We will be going to baltimore every 8 weeks for 4 days. The first one didn't go so well (monday) they were unable to get an Iv so we will be placing a port in her chest. In a few weeks. Thanks for the good thoughts.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Accidents happen. just it seems they now how much you need thier help and have put you in a bad position.

Best wishes for your daughters health.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sucks for them too. I'm pretty sure they don't have short term disability, can't claim worker comp and prob don't have health insurance. The tib/fib will be the worst. The external fixator are braces attatched to screws embedded along the length of the limb. He must have really screwed it up good. The arm might be up in two months, the leg, six with rehab.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. elbow300

elbow300 LawnSite Member

Seems like when it rains, it pours for you pal. Looks like you will be on the route!

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear about your daughter, and hope the treatments go well. As for the guys getting hurt, you can't tell someone what to do, or not do, on their own time, but sometimes, as people get older, they will get a little more common sense. And, then again, sometimes they don't! :)

10. vaacutabove

yea it sucks got to guys that work I can trust and now the better one is out the longest but he knows he still has a job when he can.