Both gas caps leaking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Both of my gas caps on my 03 EPS are leaking at the vent. One started about two weeks ago, the other today. Neither tank is that full, I had been running less fuel since the first started doing this. That helped a little but not much. What exactly causes this? Is there something in the lid that goes bad? Is there an updated version available? What is list price on these jewels? I'd rather know what to expect when I go to the dealer to get them.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Keith,

The caps are about 10.20 a piece.

The cap has a vent and a "baffle" and shield built into the cap. The shield is intended to keep the sloshing fuel from hitting the vent hole but it only works partially. The "baffle" is a foam rubber type compound that again protect the vent hole from the sloshing fuel. If I had to guess I'd say that since this has just recently started the foam has dried out.

Send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com. I've got a couple of other quick questions for you or simply give me a call at 800-667-5296.

Thanks

Terry

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

That's probably what happened then. Florida weather wreaks havoc on stuff, so it's a wonder the foam doesn't dry out any quicker than that. $10.20 each ain't bad I guess.

Email sent.