Bottom Dollar Price...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by d&rlawncare, Jan 13, 2007.

?

What is your min Just to off load to matter what size lawn?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2007.
  1. $17-$23

32 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. $24-$28

64 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. $29-$33

32 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. $34-38

36 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. $39+

11 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What is your "bottom dollar price"? No matter how small of a lawn you have to drive to what is your min just for having to unlaod?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

$250 / month, mowing, spraying, fertilizing.

I don't do anything per time, hourly.

If someone has something that's a one time shot, $100 cash.

In other words, I have enough work to keep me happy, but I can find room for another friend name Benjamin anytime.

3. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

For a solo lawn in a neighborhood I am already in, and scheduled on the same day as other jobs in the neighborhood, $25.

BUT...There is one neighborhood with very tiny lawns, that I have had groups of as many as 17 that are done from 1 parking spot. Sometimes as low as $12 a shot. So if I am already unloading for the job next door, the price can be adjusted below my "normal" minimum when the job is small enough to justify. And for a neighboring town where I am not already servicing accounts, the minimum is higher according to the mileage to that town. Told a fellow recently in a town 10 miles from me, "I need at least $75 worth of work or I won't even come look at it. Do you have at least $75 worth of work?" He didn't, so I didn't.

"One price fits all" for your minimum can be as stupid as "one price fits all" for anything else.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These post are interesting.....if you are in the neighborhood you would pass up making a few bucks becauce it cost you too much.....I guess you are not interested in growing into a big businesss. Every person you do business with regardless of how small can be a potential new good customer....we stop and want them all.

5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

My service area is with in an 8 mile radius so I have a low minimum. Weekly lawn servive year round $20/week = about $85/month + required fert-n-squirt extra $20/month. Total is $105 for up to 4k of turf and I usually only pre-m once an year.

Triple R

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

So your bottom dollar is $12.

7. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

That is an amazing thing isn't it!!!

Can't imagine even ever charging that. All my work, my lowest minimum is around $150. I won't even think about it for any less. :confused:

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

$30 is my minimum.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

$30 is my absolute minimum as well.

10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

$30 is my minimum also, very few yards are at my min pricing though most 5ksqft lawns are $35 or more depending on the trimming involved.