Bottom Line is Money$$$$$$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Jan 19, 2005.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I read a lot of threads about this and that . This is the way you do that and that is the way its done. BS! The bottom line is cash flow. I dont care how good your stripes are and how nice your equipment is and you have this and this and this, the bottom line is how much cash do you have? Should I bag or not? High end homes that bit!h about everything or the $30 lawn that takes 20min and they could care less about the famous looking ballpark stripes? Insurance or not insurance-of course jack a$$ you should have insurance! Going legit or not?- What a stupid a$$ question that is. Its like me asking on an open forum if I should stop buying a 1lb.of blow a week and selling it. Can you keep this pace up?-What the Hell does that mean? Are you saying that the majority of people have desk jobs? The question is, can the majority of desk job people be alive in their 50's from all the stress and non activity that they do? I do like the true questions about this business but sometimes I cant take it anymore. I feel its more of a pi$$ing contest than a business and I'm not about that. The bottom line is cash flow- don't tell me its not and thats what we all are looking for.. Hell, Bobbyg is looking at a JOB.. If we were honest we all would admit its about the cash and freedom and security.. The older you get the more settled you become. I appreciate all the true lawnsite members and thank you for allowing me to vent!

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Feel Better? What a mouthful....... :rolleyes:

3. K.Carothers

Actually yes I do. :)

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

phew, you are welcome. and you are also wrong. yup, it is about the money, but it's also about bettering the business. recognizing the problems, and making change. preserving this business, and others, so that future generations can make a living too. i don't want my kids working for $7 an hour , and being abused by an employer, or clients, do to a standard set by lawnboys that they are bottom feeders, and they accept it! yup, it's about the money, but get pricing and procedure structures consistant from lawnboy to lawnboy, and the money will follow, and the headaches will disapear

5. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Cash Flow Baby all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe if you put it to music, you will be the next rising rap star :D

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Man BG..... That was very inspiring. Nicely said.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea man, 17 beers, and i can charm the pants off a nun :angel:

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Nun's wear pants??????? :D

10. K.Carothers

Bettering the business? are you serious? The business will mold itself without our help. The economics of lawn care will out last what you and I "think" is the going rate!
    As far as the bottom feeders goes, we were all that at one time no matter what the profession was.