bottum edge of deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by awm, Mar 2, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

my old deck does not have the exstra strip of reenforcement on the lip of the deck . this allows me to trim as close as u could with a trimmer .be nice to have that option if i got a new one,as ive come to really enjoy the close trim i can get .eliminates 90%of hand trimmer wk.iguess i should mention again ,im talkin a 52 lazer.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

awm,

This reinforcing ring was added a few years back to the trim side of the 52" and up decks. I feel that you wouldn't notice the added 1/2" as the new decks are deeper and produce more suction to suck that 1/2" of grass in to be cut.

I'd rather have the "extra" protection of the ring then chance denting the skirt and getting a blade or two more grass cut around a post.

Don't let this improvement hinder your future purchase. There are quite a few other "improvements" since your 1996! :D

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

awm:

Thanks for the post. The reason we went with the trim-side wear guard was because the trim side of the deck takes a lot of abuse when you are mowing around trees, concrete walls, etc. . . This will keep you a little farther away from the object you are trimming around, so I see your point. I guess if all guys were as careful as you when trimming around stuff with their Lazers, we wouldn't need the trim side wear guard. ;)

Thanks again for your suggestion,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i appreciate the answers very much. yaw have a good one.