Bought a 08 F450 today!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stevo22, Jun 16, 2007.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

went ahead and bit the bullet...i know a 450 is aalot of truck for cutting grass, but to be honest i have been thinking about getting out of the grass business and starting a framing/construction co...i did not just get it for work stuff...we will be trading our travel trailer up to a pretty big fifth wheel in a few yrs...

i drove the 08 250,350drw,and the 450...the 250 did ride extremely nice...the 350 drove good as well, turning radius was poor...the 450 rode better than the 350, not as good as the 250...turning radius on the 450 blows away the 250 and 350...

let me tell you this, this thing is far the nicest thing i have ever had...almost hate putting any miles on it at all...i like just looking at it...the thing is a beast...hope it holds up well as much as i paid for the durn thing...i did use x plan pricing so it turned out to be an ok deal i guess...
  2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, I'm quite sure you deserve it. Best of Luck! Post some pics of that beast!
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

congrats!! some pics i would like to see it..
  4. jce4isu

jce4isu LawnSite Member

do not go into the framing biz i jus got out and went into lawn care there is noooo money in it around here
  5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The 08s are a little on the ugly side especially the XL trucks with the black grill which really excentuates the upside down headlight configuration.

The XLT grill hides it a little but the 08s are growing on me. They don't look as bad as the pictures. Would I buy a 6.4 diesel probably not I don't like the idea anytime you need to do major work on the engine the cab has to come off. I also don't like the twin turbo idea more expense also the diesel option now adds almost 9 grand for canadian trucks. The price of a regular cab F-450-F-550 cab and chassis 2wd with a 165 wheelbase is well over 50 grand.

Anyhow good luck with the truck is it gas or diesel ?
  6. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i di not realize that forde made the 450 with a gas motor...i do have the the looks, to each his own i guess...i really like the appearance and stance of it...the front headlights are "ok"...the front grill is chrome...sp.
  7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

we lloked and priced 1 and the price was not that much more than a f 250 so IMOM it was really a better deal but too much money for us at this time so we went with a 05 Dodge with 36000 miles still trying to rig it out got full cover clear plastic overlay installed along with seat covers done this week am planning on doing Line X bed liner next week and installing tool box then I be set Good luck on your new Ford Post some pictures and let me drool and show my wife so she can slap the crap out of me for even looking at another truck :laugh: had to beg and sweet talk her into the Dodge :cry: To her the sellling point was it was a standard tranny and the bettter fuel mileage
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats!!! Can you post a few pics of the new beast???
  9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

man i cant wait to get my new ford! i did the same thing as twj, just highly regret it. it doesnt get near the fuel mileage as my powerstroke did. fun to drive, but thats it. the truck is of course a dodge, and 40,000 miles later its already fallin apart. but the cummins is still doin good. ill get my new ford at the end of december, (for tax reasons). good luck with your truck! i know you'll love it! and get some pics up here!
  10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

not to hijack the thread, but what fuel milage do you get in your dodge? i get21+mpg on the hwy.

The new fords are good looking but i could never live with myself owning a pwrstrk after owning a cummins. JMO