Bought a 110 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, May 12, 2007.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I went and bought a 110 today. I was getting sick and tired of our Echos. I have always loved them, but man they are just dogs. In fact, we can't even keep the one running. You should have seen the smile on the guys faces when I returned with a brand new 110. It was like kids on Christmas. I asked one guy if he wanted to cut or trim at the next property, and that was the first time I ever saw someone so excited to trim in my life. Then Rob (Lazer_Z) wanted to try it out. He was like great now you have me thinking.

This thing is great. I can not wait to get it broke in. Now I have to go buy a couple more. I do not know how my biz partner(wife) is going to feel about that.:) :) :)

2. I still like my 110 after a couple of years. I always run 100/1 synthetic oil in it to avoid plug fouling.

3. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my first 110 recently. I want to sell off my RedMax trimmers and go with all Stihl FS90 and FS110R trimmers. :clapping:

I certainly won't miss the constant vibration of a RedMax trimmer.

4. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

I have a Sthil and to me they're heavy to use compared to Shindiawa. JMHO
    After weed eating with the Sthil all day my arms feel like they're hanging near my toes!:laugh:

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a Stihl FS90R last week. The 4-mix is taking a little getting used to as far as throttle response and powerband(I might just have to tune it a little bit), but overall I like it and grab it rather than the FS85X 2-stroke I have.

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I bought a 110 and it might be good for a trimmer but its not that good for establishing edges. It bogs down, I smell burning rubber sometimes I think. Must be a belt. It starts about the same as my echo imo, maybe a bit harder to start.

7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

You'll like it a lot. I have had the kombi 110 for a year and its great, I have been very happy with it. Plenty of power, starts easy. Low emmissions. Slightly heavier at first but you get used to it. I'll buy a couple more this year.

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What are you talking about? neither of the 110 trimmers or the 110 edger run off of "Belts". Please do your research on a product before posting.

Rob

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

How true, how true lol.

Rob

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Does the 110 have valves like the BR600 blowers? How does hp compare to and old FS85 Stihl?