1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought a 2013 Badboy Outlaw XP today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 123hotdog, Jul 17, 2013.

1. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I hear allot of questions about the quality of cut. I have been cutting wet grass for two straight days. So far the quality of cut is excellent. Can't even tell I mowed the lawns wet. The blade speed with the 36 hp vanguard is awesome. Ground speed is way faster than I wanna go. It will cut that fast too, but I can't keep my lines straight. The mower isn't as stable on hills and in wet grass as my last mower. The suspension is incredible. I have a very bumpy property to mow on Saturday that is five acres. I am so looking forward to it. I like the fact that the top of the deck is flat as a board which allows me to blow it off without having to angle the blower in a hundred directions to get grass out of all the crevices. More to come.
  2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Any cut quality pics?
  3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Did I read this right? Your taking on Gravely!! Combine your customer service with Gravely's and this will be amazing!! Your going to have a new customer...
  4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Its funny how many people i have met off here, i have had quite a few visit texas and come by to visit, and not to mention how many were fed up with their shopping experience and just asked me to meet them halfway...
  5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Hey, do you ship mowers at all (like Everything Attachments does, or at least did last I knew), or is it too cost prohibitive?
  6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Retro would you consider the GHopper 226v on the same level as the CZT Elite?
    I'm looking at GHopper and the Duramax deck , have not seen 1 in person yet, just want an opinion between the 2.

Congrats Hotdog on your new mower!
  7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I'm supposing this was meant to say something else, because as you and I both know, there is no hydraulic system in the zero-turn market that will touch the HyperDrive. You can't put a 3000 hr. or 5 yr. warranty on any mower hydraulic system unless you are 100% sure it is virtually fail-proof.
  8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Retro was using the term in the modern street slang meaningawesome, great, etc etc.

No doubt the HD system is heavy duty, and I don't believe anyone would dispute that, but it's not that hard to understand how they can offer that warranty, at least from a marketing standpoint. The warranty is valid for the original purchaser only as per Hustler, plus it appears they have left themselves plenty of outs from the warranty based off their own wording of it below-

"IMPORTANT: The hydraulic components are covered by a
    five (5) year (3000 hour) limited warranty, to the original purchaser
    . Proof of proper hydraulic system maintenance may be required before warranty credit is allowed. Proof may
    consist of, but is not limited to, the following items; regularly
    scheduled and performed hydraulic system oil and filter changes
    and use of Hustler® Turf Equipment approved parts only. All warranty repair and service must be handled through an
    authorized Hustler® Dealer. Arrangements should be made
    through your local service center."

They know that the vast majority of buyers will be LCO's who will sell off, or trade in their equipment every 2-4 years. Very few will ever have the ability to test that warranty to more than 50% of its limit since the hours built up during their ownership of a machine will generally be much less because most LCO's prefer to stay well below that level of hours for reliability/lack of down time reasons, and a higher trade-in or resale value. They know this based off the hours that are seen on an average of all trade in machines over a given time period. I know a man who owned an outdoor power equipment dealership here that I became fairly good friends with once relayed that info to me, and he was speaking of the entire industry as a whole using this general practice of offering similar enticements to potential buyers since he sold several different brands at his location, and had sold many others over the past 25+ years at other dealerships before opening his own store.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh: Hustler had to do something to try and instill confidence in the hydro system because prior to the hyper drive all I ever heard on here was another hydro failed on a hustler. It seemed like it was almost a daily occurrence.
  10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Not to hijack the OP's thread too far off course, but yea, between their hydro and deck issues, they've had their share of problems for sure. I guess maybe they felt a high hour warranty would help alleviate some of that bad rep.