Bought a 2013 Badboy Outlaw XP today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 123hotdog, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't blame you since you say your dealer is so outstanding and you know and trust him. I'd do the same thing if I were in the same position.

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

We had a guy buy 2 mowers and 2 trailers from west virginia. My dad delivered, so far that was the farthest. We have been to north carolina, florida, tennessee, indiana, etc, mostly guys off here that just appreciated a little help. I always encourage to buy and deal locally, but sometimes local is useless. I have heard of rude and hateful dealers, dealers that dont give a crap, and also dealers that know nothing about mowers. Anytime we go out of the way there is a huge reason...

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'm gonna keep that in mind when the time comes for a new machine. Thanks.

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

The czt holds the hill well rolling downhill, but has little reverse traction for turning while pointed downhill. Is the 226 any better or worse in hills, I feel the cut quality up here will be close. Im not crazy about the czt spindles to much play for me, unless that goes away after a while.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Can you imagine how many mowers could be sold for all different manufacturers if dealers had your personality and disposition, and if those that display the traits you spoke of above were totally eliminated from the business.

My dealer is right with you, and this is the reason he's sold the number of mowers he has as well. They have a family owned business, but the entire family is like "family" to everyone.

I am enclosing a photo of his business for you to see, most people in the lawn maintenance business would love to have grass that looks like this at his dealership. I've never seen any dealership that is as well maintained as Whitley Power Equipment.

This was a customer appreciation day, he sold 28 mowers that one Saturday.

This grass did not get like this just for customer appreciation day, it stays in this condition.

[​IMG]

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I have experienced this. The only dealer in my area that I have talked to that is helpful and tries is the kubota/toro dealer and another ferris/dolmar/industial dealer. I've had so many conversations with deadbeat dealers. One gravely dealer that I rented their encore mower was talking me out of buying diesel. He said, maintenance costs are higher, fuel savings isn't that much, when you trade in I am going to give you the exact same price as a gasser. Well when I gave back the encore I made it a point that I bought a 13k kubota and he missed out out on a possible sale due to his ignorance. Boy did he give me the 1000 yd stare hahaha

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice but One thing I like about my Dealer is all the new mowers are kept inside out the sun and the weather

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I don't believe I would keep them inside on customer appreciation day, they look much more sale-able sitting on well manicured grass, and he sold more than the number you see in the picture that day.

9. man00

man00 LawnSite Member

Are all the prices the same on Badboy mowers and parts? From what I seen most all dealers sell the mowers and parts at the same MSRP.

10. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Mowers are usually the same, I have seen alot of dealers around the us sell for more than msrp. On the parts thats where dealers go crazy.... I have seen parts marked up another 20 to 40% over retail. I have a website where everything is msrp, the tractor dealers are the worst..... Some are complaining about my site starting to get alot of parts on there for just manufacturing retail....