1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bought a ctl on friday

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by docholiday, Oct 7, 2007.

1. docholiday

docholiday LawnSite Member

thanks you guys and maybe even a gal or two for all your responses on what ctl to buy(t140 or rc50).
    i bought the rc50. it just seems like a better machine.
    i did not get heat or a/c with it.
    with the a/c unit it would not fit in the garage,and ive been driving a ready mix truck for 20 years with out a/c and it would be nice but a small fan will suffice.
    the heater, well as much as i hate cold weather i opted not to get that too.
    it wont get much use in the real cold weather and when it does i can deal with it.
    you folks should try patagonia base layer clothing for those really cold days, that stuff is fantastic,and comfortable.
    thankyou for all your replies
    doc holiday
  2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Doc........does your machine have a 12 volt outlet in the cab? If so, Cabela's and other folks offer a 12 volt heater or even a 12volt blanket if it gets a tad bit too chilly :)
  3. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Got any pics of your new baby?
  4. docholiday

not yet but soon
  5. docholiday

yes it does have the 12 volt plug in the cab.
    thankyou for pointing that out.
  6. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

Congrats on your RC50. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much punch it packs for its size. That 12 volt outlet use was one I never even considered on my own RC50. I should be able to run my electric motorcycle vest off that on cold days!
  7. rguetter

rguetter LawnSite Member

Congrats! I'm heavily leaning towards the SR70 right now. I demo'd both the 60 and 70 the other night and the 70 seems to suit my purposes. Does anyone have any opinions or heard anything about SR70?
  8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I bought an sr80 a few months ago and love it. The have two interior cab styles out for the sr 70 and 80. The newer one does not have the split lap bar which makes a tight cab a little more roomy. The gauges are in different locations because of this. I'm about 6'1'' 220lbs and fit no problem but the new holland I had was more spacious. I also considered the cat 287 c but was alot more money and was told the woudn't be here untill the fall. The asv also has nearly double the ground clearence of all the others which I think is a big advantage. I'm told that the perkins and cat engines are the same engines both made by mitsubishi. It does say perkins on one side of the valve cover and a small mitsubishi sticker on the other. I do know that cat runs mitsubishi's on the mini excavators so maybe it's true. Well I know you asked about the 70 but with a little more cash I thought was worth it to get the wider tracks and a little more hp. Just my opinoin ,maybe one of the skid steer or ctl guru's will chime in. I think you will be happy with asv. Good luck.
  9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I agree with Talus. Go with the 80 if you can.

I was all set to buy a 70 this spring, and then field tested it and was very dissapointed in the power. The 80, although the same motor with 10 more ponies cranked out of it, has much better power, plus 2 speed, hi flow, and wider tracks. I've been quite happy, with the exception of a few silly electrical issues (bad wiring from factory).
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Didn't you have t190? Did you get rid of it?