bought a ECHO BRM 2400

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, May 14, 2002.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

just picked up an ECHO BRM 2400 and i love it. dealer sold sthil also and was about ready to buy sthil when he showed me this one and it has great power fro only having 23cc. What does everyone else think of theres?

2. fastcut

fastcut LawnSite Member

Is that the model that you can change attachments ? Going to purchase new trimmer possibly tomorrow and would be nice to buy one power head and use different accesories.

3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

no, this is a regular striaght shaft trimmer. the sthil's that change heads are really good

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

"S"RM 2400?

Fine trimmer.

Prefer the SRM 260 though: more power and a sliver less weight.

5. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

i have a srm 2400 adn have had it for 3 years without a bit of trouble. ran it all day one day doig a sediment pond, full throttle stooping only to fill up and it never withered a bit .

6. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 2400 sold it now have 2 2601's and 1 260s (same machine) I like the bigger ones better then the 2400. One ran lean on me last week and locked up I'll short block it in the near future. And i'll be going with it again.

Jim

7. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the SRM 2400 and the Stihl FS85. The 2400 stays on the trimmer rack all day, the FS85 kicks ass! I do think the 2400 starts up a little easier, but no POWER!

8. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

One more thing the head sucks on the 2400, it tangles up inside and when you bump it sends out way too much line. Maybe its me, but the FS85 doesn't do that.

9. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

I've got the SRM 2400. Good trimmer, with no problems for a year now. Hopefully I will get many hours out of it.

10. digger1

digger1 LawnSite Member

have several SRM2400's and they are great machines. kind of like a Timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.