Bought a Gravely Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billpiper, Jan 25, 2012.

1. seacraft18

seacraft18 LawnSite Member

does anyone know the model # of the bagger ?

I would like to add to my 148Z.

how well does this bagger perform ? clogging ?

which spindle does the drive belt operate off of ?

do you need to add a pulley to the spindle ?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

You'll love it. Night and day from what you were using. I purchased one two months ago and my son won't let me get on it. Lol

3. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

just take it easy on the turns and don't try to do it in such a small area. give yourself more room to maneuver and as you become more comfortable with the machine and how your inputs affect it you'll notice you need less and less room to make the turns without tearing up turf. your inputs will become more fluid and controlled. try and keep both tires moving throughout a turn. there's definitely a learning curve to it that only time and practice will make better. practice makes perfect!

4. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Any pics yet

5. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 452 with the tripple bagger? The bagger bags well when dry but will clog fast in anything wet. Had to unclog it at least a dozen times this morning.

6. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

congrats on your new mower. you will be happy with it. i was glad to see my lawn tractor go too. lol

i got the mulch kit with both of my mowers too. unfortunately i like my Gravely OCDC so much i never have put them on.

welcome to the club :drinkup: