Bought a JD 717A

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tyner Lawn Service, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a John Deere ZTR model 717A new for $6,205 out the door with a 48" cut. Is that a good deal.? I know I'll like it for residential's.

2. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Congradulations!

Welcome to the John Deere Club.

Sounds like you got a good deal to me.

3. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn LawnSite Member

I bought a JD ZTR 737 last spring..... 52" cut, 23HP Kaw, 10gal tank.... all I can say is wow. Impressive machine! I love mine, for me last season I proved that it is just about 3 times faster than a 48" JD HYDRO tractor (18HP) which sold for nearly $6000. I paid $7800 for mine (roughly). Good luck, we need to have a JD club!

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I want to be in the JD Club!! I have a JD 757 and feel the same way you guys do about your Deere's. What a machine!! I couldn't ask for a better cut. My customers love it too. Good luck to ya and treat her like a lady!

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I'm looking at the same mahcine right now.

I take it you like? Being in MD, you must be using on cool season grasses. Have you used the mulch kit.

How is striping?

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I absolutly love my 737, 54 inch deck. I hear they are coming out with a stripeing kit for it this spring. Not that i realy need one. LOL look at y avatar. can i be in the club

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully they will come out with a folding ROPS bar option too. Deere recommended the FEMCO ROPS for my JD 757, but I think it sucks. It is a 4 point canopy system with a top, which I don't want and it doesn't fold either. Why can't they just make one like the tractors have, which is a single bar that folds in half for low branches? C'mon Deere, hook us up!

8. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I've had other JD Equipment thru the years but no ZTR's. I know it will be a great machine. I've been around friends with all kinds of mowers but I kinda like the overall quality and the finished look of JD.

9. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I bought a757 with 60" deck in November . I have only put 5 hours on it but I love the way it handles and has the Deere quality throughout.Just bought a GS-30 last week but have not used it yet. I hope I like it as much as the Z-Trak. The Deere equipment has been good to me.

10. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

congrats
    I have an F620 AND F735 both are great machines mine are going on 4 years now