Bought a Lazer HP and have a few ??s

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tschremp, Apr 22, 2002.

1. tschremp

tschremp LawnSite Member
    from PA

I just bought a new Lazer HP 52" Kawasaki and I love it. Great dealer, great unit and I have to say that I really appreciate having direct access to the manufacturer like this. It is very rare that companies encourage such direct and honest dialog with customers, and I really commend you for that.

A few questions:

1. What is the retail price for the 3 bushel grass catcher?

2. What is the retail price for the full-blown powered catcher?

3. The hitch kit comes with a sticker that warns against towing over 80 lbs or damage to the hydros could result. What is the reason for this? I want to tow a plug aerator and maybe a small utility trailer, and I am suprised that the hydros can't handle it.

Appreciate feedback from Exmark or other owners (particularly on the towing.)

Thanks!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Tschremp,

Congratulations on your new mower! The UltraVac has a list price of around $1200 and the 3-bushel grass catcher lists for $225. If your planning on doing much bagging at all take a serious look at the UltraVac. The 3-bushel grass catcher works fine but with a 52" deck you'll spend as much time emptying it, as you will using it. It just fills up quick.

The hitch is rated for 80 lbs. of "draw weight". Draw weight is a little difficult to measure. The draw weight is the amount of energy measure in lbs. to pull your attachment on a level hard surface. To measure this place your attachment on a solid flat surface and grab the tongue and pull. If it feels like you lifting around 80 lbs. your in good shape. If it feel substantially more your probably not going to want use your new Lazer HP.

Also make certain that the attachment doesn't have too much tongue weight. Often if the "draw weight" becomes excessive the drive tires will spin. Once the tires spin it reduces the "spike load" in the hydros and helps prevent damage.

Hope this helps and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry