1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought a Lesco.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Duncan90si, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I just picked up a Lesco WB. It's a 2005 48" hydro fixed deck. It is in excellent condition, other than needing washed, and even came with a two wheeled sulky. I think I got a great deal. I need to pick up a bagger for it. For those who have experiences with Lesco WBs, what bagger is the best? I'm leaning towards a steel cage type, rather than a cloth bag, but any comments or advice is appreciated.

2. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Go with Grass Gobbler over soft cloth.
    Yes, steel cage does rust and rot but easier to unload compare to soft cloth with my expierence.
  3. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

I've used the steel grass gobbler on my Lesco 48 for the last two seasons with only a few problems. I'm going to get an aluminum one this spring when I get my new Lesco 48 hydro. The aluminum one I'm going to get is made by Accelerator industries, and have heard nothing but praise for them.
  4. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont run lesco but I do run cub cadet I like the aluminum catchers the best followed by steel. I had one cloth bagger that was the biggest pice of junk i ever owned. Buy the accelerator you wont regret it.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i have the steel ones from Lesco. work fine, only bad thing is that they are heavy. even when not loaded with wet grass clippings! id definetley say dont get the cloth one. IMO they are a p.i.t.a the unload and they get clogged easily. Just my .02 . Good Luck with the mower!
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys. Those Accelerator Industries products do look very nice. I forgot to mention in the first post that I paid $1500 for the mower. :hammerhead: Must have been the few beers. :drinkup:
  7. NassauEquipment

NassauEquipment LawnSite Member

The Cub Cadet Commercial and Lesco products come from CTP....Commercial Turf Products. Its owned 100% MTD after MTD bought Lesco's interest out a few years ago. Since at one time, the fixed deck hydro's were in the Cub Commercial end of the product line .....you'll be OK in spite of the impending takeover of Lesco by John Deere.

oh..and you got a deal. :drinkup:
  8. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and get the Accelerator bagger. I run them on two of my mowers and they are light weight, pack awesome and pretty much indestructible. Cost is around $400.00 for there 4.3 cu.ft. Do it!!!
  9. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Accelerator. You'll be happy. Lasts long, light weight easy to unload. May be a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. The guys at Accelerator will answer any questions you have.

No, I don't work for Accelerator, but Accelerator sure works for me.

The Captain
  10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with above. I think noboby beats the lightness and dependibility of Accelerator catchers. Just go to the Acclerator forum post a thread, and Peter A will find the catcher for your mower.