bought a mower today...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newtex, Feb 12, 2007.

1. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

I bought a 36" Gravely from a man who lives out in the country. It is 4 years old, and was used to mow the yard around the farm house. It needs belts, but is in very good condition otherwise IMHO. I'm guessing it doesn't have more than 100 hours on it.

KUSTOMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Sharp looking mower, I would have done the same thing, good luck with it.
  3. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

hell of a deal!
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

congrats! good deal for sure!
  5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you got a very good deal. Now its time to put it to use to pay for itself
  6. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member

I bought a Gravely Pro 150 recently too. Mine was brand new still, older stock sitting on a dealer's floor. I won it on eBay for $1326. I have ordered a steel catcher for it also. I think you and I both got a real good deal.
  7. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

How much was the grass catcher? Does your mower have thick blades? I mowed my rye grass with the mower last night and it cut well, even with extremely dull blades.
  8. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member

The catcher was $166 plus $30 in shipping through I can't remember the name of the retailer off hand. I haven't put mine into service yet. I just got it about 4 or 5 days ago. I've been waiting for the catcher to arrive, which should be today or tomorrow. I also haven't been under the deck yet to look at the blades. I thought the knee shifter was kind of corny at first, but after driving around it works rather well actually.
  9. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

Man I couldn't wait to fire mine up and cut the lawn. It was dusk, but I couldn't wait.
  10. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member