1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new Everride Warrior

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by br549oicu8, Apr 24, 2005.

1. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just purchased a new Everride Warrior ZTR. Smoothest hydro I have ever felt!! We needed a 54" cut for some of the tighter areas but we wanted plenty of powerand the nice features of the Warrior over the less expensive Hornet. This is equipped with a 25 HP Kawasaki and the deck is the tunnel flow design. It really discharges nice!!!!!
    The crew that got this loves it. Very comfy and smooth.
    Good price too!!!
    This design was originally done for Honda.Long story there but is is very high quality, easy to service, and cuts liek crazy!!

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

they look like good machines
  3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a really nice mower. I was wondering how it cut the wet grass. I heard that alot less clumping than other mowers. Just wondered how it held up in wet conditions compared to the other mowers you have tried or owned..Thanks.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking unit...btw, who are they?
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The company that makes them just started making ztr's a couple years ago. I'm not sure exactly how long the Evirride's have been out but I know not very long.

Nice looking machine BTW.
  6. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Good luck getting parts and service support!

The few dealers that tried Everride in my area dropped it due to the lack of support and quality of cut issues in heavy wet grass.

(I was going to try one before the fall out in my area)
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well of course, it's not what you sell. :sleeping:
  8. br549oicu8

We haven't had it in really wet grass yet. The demo video shows it doing quite well. I like the tunnel design on the deck. As far as service goes..we purchased from a dealer I have been buying from for 19 years. He has had the line since they came out and has always been honest with me. He carries other lines and is really impressed with this unit. The distributor is in the area and the manufacturer is close too being in Nebraska. It has a suspension seat which is really nice and the mower deck height is simple. I also like the chute as it is rubber and will bend if you happen to brush up against anything (that never happens right??).
    The story behind the Everride......this machine was originally designed for Honda. About 75% of the way through the design Honda decided to discontinue pursuit of the larger commercial mowers. The Everride people apparently bought the rights and continued with the design.
    The hyrdro pumps on this thing are big and have cooling fans. I haven't seen a mower that had all service points this easy to get to.
    So I guess time will tell. If it works out well for a few months I will most likely but a couple more. At around $7595 for a 61 it's a steal!
    Just my opinion anyway!! ;)
  9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I really like that big discharge chute but, what about that black seat? Won't that get hot this summer?
  10. br549oicu8

The seat has an recirculating fan with a water chilled coil.
    MADE YOU WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kubota seats are black too. Never seemed to bother us much.