Bought a new hedge trimmer today!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 22, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, after i got done landscaping today i had 3 hedge trimming jobs to do, with quite a bit of bushes. and i got sick of my home verison electrial one, so i went to my dealer and bought a Echo HCR 1500... and BOY oh BOY I LOVE this thing! its great, and i really like how the handle swivles. its great, i cut my time more than half! i trimmed bushes for 5 hours, and it already paid for itself!!! its going to make me quite a bit of money for next jobs. I paid $318 with tax.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I got one of those and love it too. Mine is 4 years old and all I've ever done to it is gas it up and change it's air filter.

Still runs and cuts great.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

hedge trimmers are great they are about the only investment In our trade I know that can be 250-650 dollars and pay for them selfs in a day. Wish ZTRs had that kind of return

4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have a pair. You will not be disappointed. I have had mine for 3 years now. No problems.

5. the only way to hedge trim:D

6. Titans Fan

Titans Fan LawnSite Member

Be careful though. I know a guy that cut his finger off Sunday using a pair!

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Titan, how'd he do that? Was he using it according to safety instructions or did he get in a hurry?