Bought a new Redhawk mower today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Spirit Lanwcare, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Well..after all of the debate here on LS I decided to give a 36" Redhawk mower a shot. It has a 15 HP Kohler engine. I needed something for small yards and some gated areas and didn't want to spend a lot of money. $1850 plus tax.

The mower looks a lot like an old ExMark that I had a few years ago. The dealer that I bought it from is sold on these mowers so I figured that I would give it a try based on his recommendation. He claims that parts availability will not be a problem.

Let's cut some grass!

Have a great season everyone!
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Is that "really" a great deal though on a possible lessor made mower cause I can get a new 2005 eXmark 36" with the Kohler and ECS Controls for $2350 + tax.
  3. Spirit Lanwcare

The ExMark and Scag 36" in my area are going for $2500 plus tax. I would rather save the $700 and use it on a couple trimmers. This is just a backup mower for me and $500 to $700 difference is A LOT of money.

If it was my main machine I would have bought an ExMark. But for how much I am going to use it the Redhawk will do just fine. My dealer has been selling them under a different name for 3 years now with very few problems.
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That does not sound like much of a deal to me. We sell Gravely, 36" walkbehinds for $1999.00. They have a lot of features not found on the Redhawk, and the Gravely is a much better built machine overall. The Gravely has a full two year warranty, and is built in the USA. I do hope you have good luck with the Redhawk, but it really pays to shop around.
  5. Spirit Lanwcare

No Gravely dealers left in my area...Everythign else that was decent was $2400 and above. The Redhawk looks like a very good mower for the money!

I'll know soon...
  6. Spirit Lanwcare

Got a chance to use the new Redhawk mower today and...

I'm impressed by the quality of cut! I tried it on 2 different yards that have gates in the back yard and the grass looked great with a nice striping pattern.
    15 HP Kohler is plenty engine for this mower.

All is well so far....
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's good to hear input on "other" products.
  8. Spirit Lanwcare

Here's a update after one week of mowing several lawns (including my own) with the Redhawk mower:

Very decent mower that does a very nice job! Very nice striping pattern. The mower runs well and the 15 HP Kohler has plent of power. This unit runs and cuts much like an older Exmark that I had several years ago. (It almost looks like an exact copy of the ExMark)

I'll update you with more in a couple of weeks or so.
  9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You don't make any sense to me. I remember a little while back you were running down Cub Cadet commercial mowers because they were made by MTD but then you go out a buy a cheap Chinese made mower. I'm confused. :confused:
  10. Spirit Lanwcare

The Redhawk was the perfect mower for my particular situation and was way less money than a comparable Cub.

Have you seen the Redhawk mowers in person?? I'm betting the answer is NO.

It's really not that confusing at all.